Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spring is coming...

Oh my gosh! I was out walking the dogs this afternoon and I noticed that my Snowdrop flowers are coming up! I know this has nothing to do with butterfly gardening, except that spring really is on its way and soon it will be butterfly season! Hooray!

These particular Snowdrops have a special meaning, because my mother-in-law, Stella dug them from her garden for me, before she passed away. So I think of her each year, as the green shoots pop through the soil. I'm always so surprised to see them, because usually they appear when the days are still cold and dreary and thoughts of spring haven't yet entered my mind.

I also find it interesting, that in ancient times, the snowdrop flowers were a symbol of hope. So, I guess, it's quite appropriate that I feel so optimistic, when I see their little heads appear!

Warmer weather and beautiful sunny days are on the way...I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment