Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The best butterfly day...











Well, I've had no luck finding any Wild Golden Alexander for my Black Swallowtail caterpillars ~ Today it looks like they've abandoned what is left of the parsley and fennel to venture out on their own in search of food...I hope they have better luck than me.

But yesterday was the single most fantastic day I've ever had for spotting butterflies in my garden! I saw 14 different types:

Gulf & Variegated Fritillary, Monarch, Eastern Comma, Question Mark, Pearl Crescent, Red Admiral, Buckeye, Black Swallowtail, Tiger Swallowtail, Clouded & Cloudless Sulphurs, Red Spotted Purples and a Hackberry Butterfly {for the first time ever}!

I was absolutely amazed! They were all {with the exception of the Hackberry Butterfly, who was sipping sap from a tree} nectaring in my overgrown butterfly garden...I really am beginning to think that the butterflies just don't care about the weeds...yay!

I love my garden :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment